Monday, December 14, 2009

Happy Birthday, despite the snow

I woke up yesterday morning and almost swore. SNOW EVERYWHERE, and forecasted to be coming down all day. My birthday celebration was threatened by stupid ugly snow, the same snow that thousands of skiers and snowboarders were probably elated to see because it meant they could end their weekend off with a trip to the slopes. But this stupid snow might make the roads too dangerous for me to make the 35 mile trek down to my mom and dad's house. Well, I decided that I had driven over many snowy roads over the years of driving to and from Rexburg, Idaho and Logan, Utah so I got ready and headed down to South Jordan. I'm so glad, because I would have missed spending the afternoon with some of my favorite kids in the world. This one cooperated with me and let me try my hand at a neat shot near the door. I'm learning more about my camera and having fun doing different things with it.
Funny story about this picture: She was watching my dog outside because we had let him out to go potty. He needed to go #2. Right after this shot, he started to go. She goes "oh- he's going #2! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. " Her little brother echoed the sentiment.

1 comment:

  1. I can just hear them both saying "eeeewwwwww!!!" too! They're great kids, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete