Sunday, March 1, 2009

I really should be going to bed right now (or about an hour ago) but since when do I actually get a decent amount of sleep? I always say that I'm going to be good and get the week started off on the right foot, but I never do it! This weekend has been interesting- definitely full of adventures, and we went to one of our friend's little girl's 1 year old birthday party. Of course it was a Brazilian birthday party, so a great time was had by all! Paulo finally broke loose and got out and danced for the first time in a while- it was so nice to see him having fun with his friends! I love the Brazilian culture so much- they always have a great time, and love to dance, which I love too (even though I'm not very good!)
My primary class tried my patience today- they have started a new game where they copy whatever Paulo or I are doing- how we are sitting, our gestures, etc. It got so bad today that I almost stood up and walked out in the middle of my lesson. It made me remember when I was a Merrie Miss and our teacher Dean Taylor (I think that was his name) kicked us all out of class for making fun of the lesson. I remember feeling so bad, and we all eventually went back to the classroom and begged him to forgive us. I'm not sure if it stuck with the other kids in my primary class like it did me, but I seriously considered walking out of the classroom, in hopes that the kids would feel bad like I did when I was young. But I didn't end up doing that! I just finished the lesson and got a headache. (NICE)
Everything else is going well with us- Munna is doing okay- I'm excited for springtime to come because she really enjoys sitting outside in the sun. It really helps her feel better to sit in the sun every day.
What am I talking about- it helps ME to be in the sun! I'm so sick of this gloomy winter weather!

1 comment:

  1. It WAS Dean Taylor and I remember he did that to us, too, the year he was our teacher. I also remember the best ever was when my Sunday School class made Bro. Guernsey swear he was so mad at us for being punk 12 year-olds who wouldn't shut up. The look on Quentin's face was priceless, because he knew he was going to be in trouble when they got home from church.

    We went through 4 Sunday School teachers that year. Eventually someone from the bishopric had to take turns teaching us (hence, Bro Guernsey taking his turn). Laura Andrews once came into class late with a Slurpee...she and Catherine had run out to 7-11 after sacrament meeting. Heh heh...good times.

    ReplyDelete