Sunday, March 15, 2009

Long time no post- I know don't remind me!

You would think that with having my husband in Brazil for the last 9 days, I would have had tons of time, and be blogging like crazy. Well, I decided to do something other than sit and think about how I missed having him here, and how I was jealous that he was in one of the most beautiful beach cities in the WORLD! So, I decided to make a transformation in our home.
I had been feeling pretty down on myself lately- and at the root of most of it was the fact that our house was a complete and utter wreck. I would have moments of such discouragement, because I thought GEESH- what a homemaker I am!! My house was almost always immaculate before I got married, but now that I'm married I can't keep it clean to save my own life?? I decided that I had had enough, and as soon as Paulo left, and I pulled myself off of the ground from being really sad that he went without me, I started at the bottom, and went to the top! Then went to the bottom and cleaned some more! I cleaned a little (or a lot) every day except Thursday- I decided to take a break that night and watch some TV.
So here I am- Sunday afternoon and Paulo gets back tomorrow, and my house feels like a MODEL HOME!! I have not felt this comfortable and happy in our home for a long time. I have a new resolve and plan to keep our home clean and organized, so that we can feel the spirit here and enjoy being here. I came to the conclusion that just because I am not a "stay at home mom" (don't know why I would stay at home right now, since I'm not a mom yet!), that doesn't mean that I can't be a good home maker. I think that I didn't really think about how having everything so disorganized was affecting our lives, but it really does make a difference! When you can just sit in a room and relax, instead of stress about the clutter around you, it makes life a lot more enjoyable!
So that's my "hey everyone, keep your house clean- it will make life a lot easier for you" rant. Thanks for listening :) Onto more interesting stuff . . . .
The week was good- I missed Paulo a lot, and had a hard time saying goodbye to him on Saturday. I think if you asked my sister, who talked to me a few hours after he left, she would tell you that I had more than just a hard time saying goodbye- I think she was seriously considering calling the local psychiatric hospital to come get me! But I calmed myself down, and kept myself busy and distracted all week. I had a fun get together with a group of my girlfriends yesterday (Saturday). There were 9 of us that got together and had breakfast, and caught up on each others' lives. I was looking at these 9 women- all of them I have travelled on at least one trip, and others I have travelled many more than that. I was really grateful to have friends in my life that have helped me over the years, and been a part of the process that has brought me to the point I am at now. Love you, girls!!
Paulo had an amazing week in Brazil, and I'm sure that as he is boarding the flight even as I type, he is filled with mixed emotions. Excited to come back home, but sad to leave home. The silver lining is that we will be back in Brazil together very soon, so he will be able to see his Mom and friends again. I am grateful that we both have jobs and are able to travel right now. It's so important to stay close to family, and I am so excited to finally meet the rest of my Brazilian Family!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment