Friday, August 14, 2009

Just when you think you're sneaky...

Paulo and I went to a concert tonight downtown at the Assembly Hall. It was supposed to be at the Brigham Young Historic Park, but there were some threatening clouds tonight. Anyway-- My Sisters, a great group made up of the sisters from the 80's group The Jets, was performing. Paulo and I started hearing a great arrangement of "Love at Home" on Soft Sunday Sounds a couple of years ago-- that beautiful hawaiian harmony that is so typical of the islands. And since it seems that Paulo thinks he was an 'islander' in a former life, he became an instant fan. It took a while, but we found who sung the song and downloaded the rest of their album. It's a great album of Sunday music and we were really excited when we heard they were doing a concert this Friday! So we went downtown for the concert...
One of the first things that they announced before the concert started was NO PHOTOGRAPHY. Well, I wasn't going to have that stop me! Paulo and I had staked out great seats right in front, so I pulled my camera out, positioned it ever so sneakily on my lap, and right as the singers came out I pushed the shutter button. And............

FLASH!!!!!!! NO!!!!!! I COULDN'T HAVE FORGOTTEN TO TAKE THE FLASH OFF!!!!
I'M A FOOL!!!!

Yeah- the flash that I thought was off was not, so the picture that was supposed to all sneaky and covert ended up being obvious enough for the ENTIRE crowd to see. I just laughed at myself- thinking I would pull a fast one, but once again I was proven wrong.
Here's the picture, just for the record and memory:


1 comment:

  1. LOL--I don't know which is funnier...that the girls from a moderately-famous group from 20 years ago wouldn't allow photography (I bet the paparazzi swarm them, poor things), or that you were such a rebel you just HAD to get a pic!

    ReplyDelete