Sunday, September 27, 2009

Up to Nothing but Trouble



For the last couple of weeks our dog has totally loved going outside, and even asks to go outside. He would whine at the door and bark at the window. I thought he was just barking at a bird or some shadow that was being cast in the back yard. Today as I was putting some dishes in the dishwasher and glanced out the window I realized the real reason he has been so crazy about going outside. Our neighbor has 4 dogs- one of them is this little Chihuahua and he has dug a hole big enough for him to wiggle under the fence and come into our yard to have a play date whenever he wants! The picture isn't super clear- I took it with my phone- but if you look you can see our dog and the dog next door coming under the fence. I laughed, but then had to get serious about the situation, and found some bricks and put them under the fence at the points of intrusion. My dog was not happy with me- he pouted all afternoon. I just don't want the neighbor's dog to get into our yard, and then slip under the fence and escape, then get run over. I wouldn't forgive myself if that happened. So I might have to take the puppy next door and schedule play dates with him and his new found friend!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that's funny! Good job securing the fence, but that's hilarious! Poor Rex can't have his little play-dates whenever he wants...

    ReplyDelete