Monday, October 26, 2009

Mary Mary, Quite Contrary...

Have you ever wondered how many weeds grow in your yard over a summer's timeframe? I found the answer to this question today. WARNING: The following picture is not for young children, those who may be pregnant, or have a heart condition.



This is how many weeds I pulled out of our flower beds today:


Yeah- I broke the rake. And that is a small tree in the pile of weeds, too. It was pretty intense, but our house looks great for the first time this year! This summer was a crazy one, with going to Brazil at the beginning, getting home and taking care of Munna, Munna's passing, and then my job started sucking all of my energy out. The end result? I never planted flowers, hardly ever mowed the lawn, and NEVER pulled a single weed (Until today, since the weather man told me that if I didn't get anything done today I would have to look at my messy yard all winter long.)

It was hard work, and I'm glad I did it, but I really wish there was a way to do work like this, and not have every muscle in my body ache after.....

1 comment: