Saturday, April 10, 2010

What the....

So, Paulo and I have been trying to do something outside the normal 'go to the store, get a movie at the Redbox, come home and go to bed' date nights. Last night we went on a walk up in Bountiful around the temple. Tonight, we broke out the crayons, markers, and coloring pages. Sounds funny, but you would be amazed at how wonderfully therapeutic coloring is. I bet if you took my blood pressure and heart rate while I was coloring, it probably was the lowest it's been in a LONG time tonight. We put the ipod on shuffle and sat for about 2 hours making our creations.



Here's one of the pages I colored:


And here's the one that Paulo colored:

So the question, now, is this: Should I call this "creativity," or should I call a therapist? :)
My miracle today was this simple childhood activity and the great effect it had on both of us. I think sometimes I expect too much of whatever can help me bring things back down to normal.

3 comments:

  1. i used to have a coloring book and crayons in my work bag. i was known as the Crayola flight attendant. it was my way of destressing my crazy lifestyle!! and it SO therapeutic!!! i love it. :) and i kinda like Paulo's pic. hahaha! i would color mine just like yours but i guess that's just us girls. ;) beijos!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah you should call a therapist...FOR YOU!!! Your picture is way too repressed, Paulo's at least shows a complete lack oh inhibition and restraint. People who feel the need to color inside the lines have a tendency to be obsessive compulsive. ;-)

    Plus, I love the fishnets with the pitchfork, horns and tail.....

    And the tattoo....

    ReplyDelete
  3. did you notice how he made the ballet slipper shoes into stiletto heels? Too funny!

    ReplyDelete