Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Better Late Than Never

This thing we call unemployment is a nasty fighter. He throws hits below the belt non-stop, making it harder and harder to see good things happening. I took this picture yesterday on our way out to go to the Airforce Museum in Roy. It reminded me of how I have let one of the most amazing Autumn Seasons I have ever witnessed in 15 years of living here in Utah almost pass me by. The weather has slowly gotten colder, allowing us to really see the change in color of the leaves, and watch them fall from the tree one-by-one. These leaves are the last that are still on a tree in our yard. I figured it was better late, than never, to capture a memory of such a beautiful season.
I know that the first sentence of my post may have come as an alarm to a lot of people reading it. One month ago, I woke up to face the first day of my own unemployment. I had been working on a team with Zions Bancorporation where many did not believe I was qualified, and surely didn't belong. Eventually, my boss jumped on that same wagon and after "trying" to get me to perform better, she fired me. It was one of the most humbling and challenging experiences of my life, but I refuse to dwell on the negative details. I have to remember the blessings and miracles that are all around me: Paulo got a job just 2 weeks before I was fired, and that made it a lot easier to deal with the loss of my employment. Within 1 month, I have been hired with another company and will start in January, and we couldn't be more excited about the job. It will allow me to work from home, and open up literally THOUSANDS of doors for us. If I wouldn't have lost my job with Zions, I would have never been able to apply and get this new job. God truly does work in mysterious ways, little ones! I'm grateful for the gentle reminders He gives me to let me know that he is 100% aware of me and my life.

1 comment:

  1. Amanda,
    I adore you. you are so positive and optimistic. i looooove people like that!! it makes life so much easier when you remember that we are here to be tested and proved. and the attitude of our life all depends on us!! :) congrats on the new job! i am so happy for you. and who knows, maybe this new job will be the perfect set0up for motherhood??? you never know! :)
    te amo, amiga.
    beijooooos!!!

    ReplyDelete