Saturday, November 21, 2009

The results




I know you've all been waiting on pins and needles to hear the results of my coupon adventures. Well, wait no more! I went to three stores on Thursday and aside from a bag of sweet potatoes and a 99 cent bag of brown sugar (and Paulo's favorite cookies that he can't live or exist without), nothing went into the cart without a coupon. Total before without the coupons was $117.14. I scanned $35.44 worth of coupons, and ended up spending $81.70. That was a savings of 30.25%! Okay, Kate Gosselin and all of you other coupon addicts out there, I'M SOLD. $35.44 put right back in my pocket, just for taking about an hour on Sunday afternoon to cut out the coupons from the Sunday paper! That's a pretty good paying job if you ask me!


Okay- I won't go on any more for those of you who may be sick of hearing people go on and on about how great coupons are. For now I'll just say that I'm excited about cutting our grocery costs and continuing on my path towards Domestic Godess-ness!


We have had one of Paulo's good friends visiting from Denver for the past 2 weeks. she takes off today, and while we will miss her, I have to admit that it will be nice to have the house back and be able to relinquish the title of hostess. We had a fun party last night for her where all of our fun Brazilian friends came and we had a great time. I'm grateful for good friends and their never ending supply of love, support, and (since their Brazilian), RAW ENERGY. They remind me that it doesn't matter how old you are, or what is going on in your life- there should always be enough energy to laugh and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment