Wednesday, January 20, 2010

free advertising

The internet, thanks to Al Gore, has changed how everything works these days. Information is available at lightning speeds, people who went to nursery school suddenly reconnect after a lifetime of no contact, and now know EVERYTHING about each other- the credibility of a business is widely based on their 'web presence'- it is truly Big Brother out there watching us and keeping his hand on us! (ok- enough conspiracy theorizing, etc)

I ran across a post on my friend's blog today- a posting about a contest for free stuff that a company is giving away- if you will just advertise it on your BLOG, Facebook, etc. It's amazing how the internet is now getting companies (big and small) free advertising, just by creating a buzz about something, nothing, or everything.


What I'm trying to say, is that even though I think I've used it before (did I set any non-repeat rules or clauses at the beginning of this thing?)- technology and the advances we have seen even in the last 10 years alone is my miracle today.


I remember working at Marriott as a reservation agent about 13 or 14 years ago, and having a customer call asking for help because they were trying to book "online." I helped her all I could, and when I hung up I leaned over to my friend and said "can you believe they're LETTING CUSTOMERS book online!?!?!?!?" It seemed like a surefire way to put yourself out of business at the time, but now it's a one way ticket to the soup line if your customers CAN'T book or access your services online. Crizzzayzeee if you ask me.


So, since I have no shame, and love free stuff too, here's the site that's giving away cute stuff for little girls' hair:




No comments:

Post a Comment