Wednesday, January 6, 2010

You and I Were Meant To Fly

I started my new career with Jet Blue Airways today. I was so excited I almost couldn't go to sleep last night! Today and tomorrow I will attend orientation where we will drink the proverbial Jet Blue "Kool Aid" and indoctrinate ourselves with the Jet Blue Airways mindset. It was actually really inspiring to hear about core values that I agree with, and to see people who have worked with the company for less than 5 years share their stories of promotion and growth within the company. I'm really excited for this opportunity!


What was truly miraculous today was that there were 119 other people at this orientation that are starting a new job today, and that according to what they told us in the orientation, another 280 people will be hired by Jet Blue Airways in the next few months. It's exciting to see a company hiring so many people in this economic climate. Perhaps these tough and tight times won't last forever!



PS: Part of my homework was to tell everyone I know that Jet Blue offers 3 daily flights from Salt Lake City: 2 to Long Beach, California and 1 to New York's JFK Airport. Try us out and see how Jet Blue is putting the Humanity back into flying!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment