Saturday, January 30, 2010

Patience



I'm not even lying when I say he sat frozen in this position, looking at the behind-neighbor dogs, for 15 minutes.



Which got me thinking about patience. I used to think I was a pretty patient person. HONESTLY- I did! But then I had a few experiences that held the mirror right in front of me and helped me see that my bucket of patience wasn't as overflowing, or even as full (or empty? depends on how you look at it I guess) as I nearly imagined. I'm trying to take advantage of the experiences that I am blessed with to develop more attributes that help prepare me for future roles and responsibilities. Unfortunately for me, PATIENCE seems to be one of those that constantly eludes me. But I will keep on trying.

I have missed the last 3 days for posts, and I know it. I purposely didn't do anything on the computer on Tuesday, since it was our Anniversary. We had a lovely dinner out and just relaxed at home. It was nothing like the day we got married. Even though that day was so much fun, it was exausting. Wednesday was a stressfull day at work with lots of anxiety levels high. I tend to feel other people's emotions, especially when they're really strong, so it gave me a headache. Thursday night was..... can't remember what happened Thursday. Oh yeah- I was putting together a book for my work (which, consequently, has landed me some extra spending cash- that story in a post yet to come). Yesterday night we worked on making more of the books (the extra spending cash came from people literally BUYING my book of notes from me, even though I offered to just email them the file) and here we are at Saturday. My hair is fabulous again, Paulo is just about to get off of work, and I haven't done ANYTHING as far as house work goes. I'm really thinking I need to strike it rich so I can have a personal assistant that I can call and have do my stuff, like blog, email, etc. Until then I guess I'll just have to dig in and get it done. Oh well.
Tomorrow brings the start of my new adventure...... and if you can't tell by my smile in this picture, I'm pretty excited about it.

2 comments:

  1. Dude, what's up with no more blogging? It's February 17 today...that's 2.5 weeks since your last post!

    For shame, for shame...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah lucky!!! :)
    i am adding your blog to my list, final-freakin-ly! :)

    ReplyDelete