Monday, January 25, 2010

just in case you were wondering....

I'm not perfect. I know, I know- that comes as a shock to most of you, but I'm not. And so I figured I would miss the last 3 days of entries to prove it to you.

The weekend went by so fast that I hardly even had time to think about how I hadn't blogged each day. It was good though- I got to relax and clean on Saturday, then go out with the hubby. Sunday was full of 11 year olds that think they're too cool for Primary any more, and then a delicious dinner at Mama and Daddy's. It's always so fun to go and visit with them.

Today was a frustrating day in training for the new job, but not because I wasn't understanding things. The technology wasn't loving us so much today, so most of the day was spent by sitting around while some IT guy was trying his best to figure out why our systems weren't running the way they were. It reminded me of the good old days with the suckers at Zions when we would spend anywhere from 30 minutes to on one occasion about 11 hours trying to fix things that had mysteriously broken. I'm so grateful to not be there any more. In just in the 2 weeks that I have been with my new job, I have made more friends than I did in almost 2 years at Zions. I guess IT people and I were never meant to be.....

I'm looking out my kitchen window and remembering one of the reasons I love this time of day. Not just because I'm home and get to spend the rest of the night with my best friend and man's best friend, but also because we can be witness to some of the most amazing sunsets from our back deck. My Miracle today is sunlight. All it takes is a little bit to get me feeling happy again.


1 comment:

  1. :) What did I tell you about IT people? Of course, I married one...BUT...I could never work with him/them! You and I need much more personal investment and connection to feel like our work is worthwhile, and (generalizing here), IT folks just don't. They want to do their job and that's it--you're not my friends, you're my co-workers. That's fine for what they do, I just know I don't work well in that environment. And now you know you don't, either!

    ReplyDelete