Friday, January 1, 2010

On Your Mark, Get Set, GO!

One goal I have set for this year 2010 is to get better at keeping a personal journal again. I also want to start learning more about photography and the cool things you can do with cameras, so this blog will serve as the proof of my success or slackiness (if that's a word) when it comes to those two goals.
I started with great ambition- I was going to make the first picture that I took this year of sunrise on January 1, 2010. My body had other plans. I have been attacked by a horrible cold, and I fell back asleep after I took Paulo to work and slept right through the sunrise. This was my sunrise on January 1, 2010 (no need to be an astrologist to know that this was WELL past Sunrise- I think I took this snapshot around 10:00):
So you're going to start hearing and seeing more of me this year via this blog. Feel free to leave comments, suggestions, etc. In an effort to keep the blog from becoming a daily "this is what I did" that will bore you and me to death, I decided that this year I will look for miracles every day. I've been inspired by messages from great men and women that remind us that miracles are easier to find than we would think. I am praying for the miracle of life to bless our family this year, so I figured that it would be good to have a daily focus on what I'm asking and looking for.
Today, I found the miracle of both modern medicine and the medicine that God has given us through healthy foods that will heal our sick bodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment